- National Investment bank undertakes to treat all your personal information carefully and responsibly. This commitment shall remain during and after our relationship with you.
Processing of personal information includes any initial, further/subsequent, or ongoing analysis, review etc of your personal information that NIB does when we collect your personal information. It further includes processing that NIB may carry out legitimately for various reasons.
- The term ‘processing’ includes collecting, using, altering, merging, linking, organising, disseminating, storing, retrieving, disclosing, erasing, archiving, destroying, or disposing of personal information. Your personal information will not be used for marketing, advertising or any other purpose besides registration for the service without your express/written consent.
- NIB will only collect and process your personal information for the reason you provided it to us (banking and related purposes and not more), or to enable us to comply with the requirements of specific laws that we are governed by.
NIB will only collect and process your personal information for the reason you provided it to us, updating and marketing of NIB products and services and or to enable us to comply with the requirements of specific laws that we are governed by.
- NIB may process your personal information to protect your or our legitimate interests. NIB will not collect and process personal information about you that we do not need for this purpose. Furthermore, NIB will not process your special personal information unless:
- In providing it to us, you have consented to NIB processing it
- It is necessary to exercise or defend a right or an obligation in law
- It is necessary to comply with regulatory legal obligation of public interest
- It is for certain historical, research or statistical purposes that would not adversely affect your privacy; or
- You have deliberately made your information public or the information was already ordinarily in the public domain before you gave it to us.
- It is in line with our statutory obligations under Banks and Specialised Deposit Taking Institutions Act (Act 930) or any law in force at the moment in Ghana.
- There are some personal information fields that you must fill in if you want NIB to provide you with your chosen product and/or service or onboard you. This information can be provided in writing, electronically or telephonically, but it must be accurate and complete. If NIB does not receive the necessary personal information, we will not be able to continue with your application. If you are already a customer and NIB asks you for this information and you do not provide it, NIB will have to suspend the provision of the product and/or services for a period, or even terminate our relationship with you.
- Should the need arise, NIB Mobile App may seek permission to access your contact list, camera or other apps on your phone to give you full access to all functionalities and any enhance your experience.